I’ve had some people ask what I take with me on training walks, so I thought I would post it here. Here we go:
1. Camelback Backpack – It holds up to 100 ounces of water, so I can go for quite awhile without having to refill it. I’ll also stuff granola bars, extra socks and the rest of the stuff in the picture here.
2. First Aid Kit – I took a cheap small camera bag and turned it into a first aid kit. It’s got band aids, blister band aids, sun screen, Nexcare padded adhesive tape, ibuprofin, chap stick and other assorted stuff.
3. iPhone – Always handy to keep the phone around for taking the occasional important call and to update stuff while I’m walking if I feel the need.
4. Flip Mino – Great little video camera for shooting any weird stuff I see along the way. I ran across some really loud ducks a couple of weeks ago and filmed them for a little bit.
5. Garmin Forerunner 205 –It’s a GPS based pedometer. Really great to have around. Tracks distance, speed, time and uses that to estimate calorie burn. It also keeps track of previous walks so if I want to I can see where I have been and follow the same route.
Those are the five things that I take on the walks with me!