Peter Piper Pizza has sent me the flyer that will need to be brought on February 5th to have your purchase count towards my fundraising efforts. You can see the flyer here. Thanks again for all your support!
Peter Piper Pizza has agreed to let me do a fundraising event at their Highland Village location on February 5th of 2009. They will donate 15% of all food and drink purchases for anyone that brings in a flyer (which I will post for anyone to print out as soon as I have the final copy). If you would like to come by, or you would like to have friends come by or both, let me know and I will make sure that you have a flyer. Big thanks for Peter Piper Pizza! The Highland Village location is at:
200 Marketplace Ln
Highland Village, TX
Some tips that they suggested everyone remember are:
1. The more people that are there, the more that we can raise for the fight against breast cancer! Invite family, friends and co-workers!
2. Bring your flyer. I will post a link to this later or you can get one from me. Present your flyer to the cashier to get credit for your purchase.
3. Buy your tokens at the register, not the machines. We don’t get credit for tokens bought at the machines.
4. Won’t be able to stay? Get a pizza for takeout, we still get credit!
5. Have fun! Not only is this a fundraiser, it’s a family event.
We hope to see you there!
I have had some questions from people that have looked at the site asking what it’s all about. Here it is:
Since 2007, I have walked in the Breast Cancer 3-Day. This is a 60-mile walk over the course of three days that is designed to raise funds for breast cancer awareness initiatives, breast cancer prevention and research. Every walker has to raise at least $2300, the bulk of which goes to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. In 2008, the Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day had 3,200 people walking and raised 7.9 million dollars.
This is a really amazing event not only for the money it raises, but when you walk on the route for the 3-day you meet all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons. I’ve walked with some of the strongest people that I have ever met at this event and I’m proud to be a walker. If you are interested in donating, please click the “Donate Now!” link to the right and if you would like to join my team for the next 3-Day event, click my team name link on the right and then click Join Team on the resulting page. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!